Stopping Up Order

Creation, diversion and “stopping up” of public rights of way are all subject to legal orders which may be under either the Highways Act or Town and Country Planning Act legislation depending on the circumstances. Rights of Way may also relate to rights on foot, on foot or horse or to all classes of public user. The Highway Act means of closure can require appearance in local Magistrates’ Court and where objections are raised to a proposed change to a public right of way under the Town and Country Planning Act this can in some cases lead to a local public inquiry.

Examples of our work in this field are:

  • Stopping Up Order at Fereday Street, Manchester - private sector
  • Diversion of public footpath Pottery Lane Knottingley- private sector

Require Assistance with a Stopping Up Order?

We would be pleased to provide you with our competitive fee proposal to provide you with assistance with a Stopping Up Order, please call us on 01924 844080 or click here to complete our secure online form.

Stopping Up Order, Public Right of Way Legal Order, Highways Act, Town and Country Planning Act Sanderson Associates, Highway, Traffic, Transportation, Water, Consulting Engineers